Tuesday, February 23, 2016

LEGO Technic Umbrella

LEGO Umbrella

I was inspired to make an umbrella out of LEGOs after taking a stroll outside during a rainy storm. The umbrella I held was not strong. The fiberglass arms of the umbrella bent whilst the umbrella faced the wind. After a few minutes of battling the wind, a stiffer one T-boned me and blew the umbrella inside out. 

I thought I could make a stronger umbrella out of LEGO Technic parts.

The umbrella has 6 arms, for 6 is the largest divisor of a full circle I could find.

Pictured below are the bases for the top joint and center moving joint.

Assembled Umbrella, no legs


Umbrella Legs


Fully Assembled Umbrella


Unfortunately, the joints between the LEGO Technic beams using the two pin connectors is rather weak, so the umbrella bends a lot. (video?)



A second, more durable version might be built. Depends on the amount of LEGO beams I have left. (Update, I took apart the umbrella for another project... heh)

No comments:

Post a Comment